More Than 80 Fairfax County Intersections Still Without Traffic Signals
Drivers are reminded to obey four-way stop rules; more than 80 intersections remain dark as of Monday morning.
More than 80 intersections in Fairfax County remain without working traffic lights, according to county staff. Drivers are reminded to obey four-way stop rules at intersections without power:
- Treat each traffic light as a four-way stop, with the driver on the right having the right-of-way.
- Proceed with caution only when traffic permits.
- Enter intersections only when it is safe to do so, using turn signals to let other motorists know your intentions.
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks.
- Watch out for and obey police officers directing traffic within intersections.
Check for updates on the Fairfax County Emergency Information blog.
Fairfax County provided this sampling of the major intersections without working traffic lights as of Monday morning:
- Route 123/International Drive
- Route 7/Beulah
- Route 50/Gallows Road
- Route 50/Nutley Street
- West Ox Road/Fair Lakes Parkway
- Route 1/Telegraph Road
- Lorton Road/I-95
- Hummer Road/Gallows Road
- Fort Hunt/Belle Haven
- Baron Cameron/Fairfax County Parkway
- Reston Parkway/Lawyers Road
- Route 50/Stringfellow Road
As of Sunday evening, these traffic signals in the Burke, Springfield area were still without power:
- Roberts Road at Braddock Road
- Commonwealth Blvd. and Roberts Road
- Burke Road and Burke Lake Road - at both ends of the bridge
- Old Keene Mill Road and Shiplett
- Old Keene Mill Road and Hillside Road
- Old Keene Mill Road and Greeley
Tell us in the comments if you have an addition to the lists, or an update on signals now functioning.