Patch Picks: Great Staycations
Patch picks 5 places to go near Centreville on Spring Break.
Spring Break is almost here, but whether all the resorts are booked, you have no money or friends, or you just decided to stay put this year, Patch has you covered. Here are five great "staycations" near Centreville:
- Manassas —While it isn't Cancun, it does have great history. Who wouldn't want to spend spring break learning?
- Middleburg —Okay, so there's no ocean and the bars tend to be in dank basements instead of swimming pools. Still, where else can you go antiquing with somebody who once knew somebody who knew Jackie O?
- Lorton —Maybe it isn't Atlantis or Beaches, but the abandoned prison facility just begs you to come inside and take a look, as long as you ignore the "no trespassing" signs and restless, angry ghosts.
- Arlington —The only thing keeping Arlington from being the greatest place in the area to spend your spring break is the fact that you spend all your time hanging out there already. Now that you don't have class in the morning, though, you can stay out past 11 p.m.
- Centreville —Why not go all out this spring break and spend the entire week in bed? A simple pulley system is all you need to get pizza to your second floor bedroom.