View Centreville and Chantilly 11/23 in a larger map
On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Nov. 20 from the Sully and Fair Oaks police districts of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Pursuit (green on map), Fairfax County Parkway/Monument Drive, 11/16/12, 11 p.m. An officer attempted to stop a vehicle which was allegedly speeding on I-66 near Route 28. The suspect driver continued to the Fairfax County Parkway where the vehicle was stopped by officers near Monument Drive. Following an investigation, Paul Shepard, 42, of Falls Church, was charged with speed to elude, possession of marijuana, and reckless driving.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Sexual Assault (pink on map), 7200 block of Devereux Court, 11/17/12, 4 a.m. A 19-year-old girl reported she was with friends and got drunk. She went to sleep in one of the bedrooms and woke up while the suspect was having intercourse with her. The case is still under investigation.
Assault (blue on map), 6100 block of O’Day Drive, 11/17/12, 3:20 a.m. Two victims, 26 and 23-year-old women, were leaving a party when two individuals requested a ride home. The victims refused to provide a ride to the unknown men. Both men punched the victims several times and walked away. The victims received minor injuries.
Robbery (red on map), Fairfax Corner Avenue/Monument Drive, 11/17/12, 11:10 p.m. A 14-year-old victim reported he was walking on a path with two acquaintances. On the path, one of the other juveniles demanded money. The two boys fought briefly and the suspect took the victim’s iPad. The victim was not seriously injured.
Pursuit (green on map), Lee Jackson Memorial Highway/I66, 11/18/12, 1 a.m. An officer attempted to stop a vehicle for allegedly speeding near Fair Oaks Mall. The vehicle continued at a high rate of speed ignoring the officer. The vehicle eventually stopped near the intersection of Fairfax Boulevard and Jermantown Road. Paul Thomson, 26 of Fairfax, was charged with speed to elude and reckless driving.
Larcenies (yellow on map):
- 4300 block of Chantilly Shopping Center - knives from business
- 4900 block of Stonecroft Boulevard - bicycle from residence
- 12900 block of Fair Lakes Shopping Center - 18 CDs from business
- 13000 block of Fair Lakes Shopping Center - wallet from business
- 13000 block of Lee Jackson Memorial Highway - cash and purse from business
No vehicle thefts were reported at the time.
See More on Patch
- Crime Blotter: Assault at Restaurant on St. Germain Drive
- Crime Blotter: Burglaries, Man Assaulted After Breaking Up Fight
- Crime Map: Police Pursuit, Unlawful Entry into Home, Vehicle Theft
- Weekly Crime Report: Man Beaten, Robbed by Acquaintance
- Weekly Crime Report: Man Runs from Police During Traffic Stop