View Centreville/Chantilly 12/28 in a larger map
On the above map, the addresses are block numbers, not specific home or business addresses.
The following items are from recent police updates through Dec. 26 from the Fair Oaks and Sully police districts of the Fairfax County Police Department.
Missing Adult (purple on map), 9 p.m., Dec. 23, 13000 block of Lee Jackson Memorial Highway, The father of a 20-year-old, mentally challenged man reported his son missing. The 20-year-old walked away while the family was shopping. Several officers, the helicopter and a K9 team searched for him. He was found a couple of hours later unharmed, and then reunited with his family.
In separate and unrelated incidents:
Robbery (green on map), 6 p.m., Dec. 23, 14000 block of Saint Germain Drive, A 29-year-old victim was withdrawing cash from an ATM when a man approached. He demanded the cash. She handed over her money and he fled. A suspect was detained by officers and the investigation continues.
Robbery (green on map), 9 p.m., Dec. 24, 4500 block of Brookfield Corporate Drive, An unknown man entered the business and demanded money from the register. The clerk insisted there was no cash. Eventually, the suspect walked out. The victim was not injured.
Robbery (green on map), 2:15 a.m., Dec. 22, 5100 block of Westfields Boulevard, The victim-clerk reported a man entered the business, demanded money, and brandished a handgun. The suspect fled with cash. The victim was not injured. The suspect was described an unknown race male, approximately 6’ and 185 lbs. He was wearing a dark hoodie.
Burglary (blue on map), 2:20 p.m., Dec. 21, 5800 block of Clarendon Springs Place, A resident reported someone entered his home and stole beer. Forced entry was made through a rear door.
Larcenies (red on map):
- 14100 block of Saint Germain Drive, bicycle from business
- 5500 block of Cedar Break Drive, Christmas gifts from vehicle
- 14100 block of Lee Highway, cell phone from business
- 4100 block of Meadowland Court, purse from vehicle
- 13800 block of Poplar Tree Road, electronic game from vehicle
- 5800 block of Post Corners Trail, wallet from vehicle
- 3000 block of Virginia Dare Court, cash from residence
- 14600 block of Woodspring Court, medication from residence
- 12600 block of Dusty Wheel Lane, purse from business
- 13000 block of Fair Lakes Shopping Center, projector from business
- 11900 block of Fair Oaks Shopping Center, merchandise from business
- 13000 block of Lee Jackson Memorial Highway, bottle of liquor from business
No vehicle thefts were reported at the time.
See More on Patch
- Crime Blotter: Assault at Restaurant on St. Germain Drive
- Crime Blotter: Burglaries, Man Assaulted After Breaking Up Fight
- Crime Map: Police Pursuit, Unlawful Entry into Home, Vehicle Theft
- Crime Blotter: Vandal Scrawls Graffiti on Centreville Home, Purses Stolen From Church
- Weekly Crime Report: Man Beaten, Robbed by Acquaintance