Invite a friend
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance
Deloitte will participate in its sixth Community Tax Assistance Day. As site-coordinator for the IRS Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program (“VITA”), Deloitte employee volunteers will assist families in tax return preparation. This program offers free assistance with 2012 Federal tax returns for households with a total income of $51,000 or less. Free food and onsite childcare is available to participating families. For more information, please visit www.nvacash.org.
People seeking tax preparation assistance should bring the following:
- Photo ID for taxpayer (and spouse if filing jointly).
- Important Note: If married and filing a joint return, both spouses must be present.
- Social Security cards or ITIN letters and birthdates for the taxpayer, spouse and dependents.
- Wage and earnings statements: W-2, W-2G, and all Form 1099s received.
- Unemployment compensation, Form 1099G.
- Interest and dividend statements.
- Child care expenses paid in 2012 and the child care provider’s name, address and federal ID number.
- Student loan interest payments.
- Record of tuition, purchase of books and/or student loan payments, 1098-E.
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns (if available).
- A check or deposit slip if you want direct deposit.
- Record of any sales tax paid on new vehicles purchased in 2012.
- Record of any real estate taxes paid in 2012.
- Record of any Economic Recovery Payment received from SSA, RRB or Veterans Administration.