.

Centreville Florist Stresses Early Preparations for Valentine's Day

One Fairfax County florist is already getting ready for Valentine's Day.

Centreville Square Florist in Centreville, Va. (Jamie Rogers)
Centreville Square Florist in Centreville, Va. (Jamie Rogers)
The small staff at Centreville Square Florist is getting ready for the rosy, love-filled holiday that is Valentine's Day, perhaps the biggest gift-giving day on the calendar since Christmas. 

Helen Jan said she's owned Centreville Square Florist for seven of the 10 years it's been in business. She expects Valentine's Day orders to begin pouring in the first week of February.

In 2013, the shop processed some 600 Valentine's Day orders, she said. 
About 10 percent were walk-in orders, the other 90 percent were advance delivery orders to offices in the area. 

Centreville Square Florist serves Centreville, Fairfax, Reston, Manassas and Herndon. 

The most popular flower selected for Valentine's Day is, of course, red roses.  A dozen is the most popular order, staff said, but occasionally there are orders for two or even three dozen roses. 

Then there's the buyer who bucks the trend and selects a different arrangement.  Many go for an arrangement of pastel flowers which may include lilies and roses, Jan said. 

Whatever the choice, Jan stresses the earlier the order is placed, the better for everyone.  
Visit Centreville Square Florist at 14260 B Centreville Square. The number is 703-266-8520.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »