Electrical Fire Breaks Out in Centreville Townhouse

Firefighters said clutter in the home made their job especially challenging.

The fire broke out on Monday afternoon in a home on Maidstone Court in Centreville.
The fire broke out on Monday afternoon in a home on Maidstone Court in Centreville.

Six people were displaced by a fire that broke out in a Centreville home Monday afternoon. 

It happened at 1:15 p.m. in a single family home a 14825 Maidstone Court. 

When crews arrived they were met with heavy smoke coming from the back of the three-story unit. 

Once firefighters entered the home they encountered with several blocked stairs and hallways with various household items, making it difficult to find and extinguish the fire, according to a release from Fairfax County Fire and Rescue. 

A smoldering fire was eventually located in a second floor kitchen and was quickly put out. 

None of the three adults and three children displaced by the fire were home at the time and no injuries were reported. The Red Cross is assisting the occupants. 

 Firefighters said they conducted "extensive overhaul and salvage operations" on the second floor and were able to determine the fire was an accident, caused by what they describe as an electrical "anomaly" in an outlet behind the stove. 

Damage is estimated at $60,000.

According to fire investigators, the fire was accidental. An anomaly in an electrical outlet behind the stove caused the fire.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »