.

Hot Iron Causes Thousands in Damages in Centreville Apartment Fire

The fire caused $10,000 in damages, Fairfax County firefighters said.

A fire at an assisted living facility caused $10,000 in damages on Dec. 28 in Centreville. (Patch file.)
A fire at an assisted living facility caused $10,000 in damages on Dec. 28 in Centreville. (Patch file.)
A hot iron is apparently the culprit behind a Centreville assisted living facility fire that sent two people to the hospital Saturday and caused thousands of dollars in damages, Centreville fire investigators said on Monday. 

Read the original report here
: Two Fires Break Out in Centreville on Saturday

Sixty firefighters responded to the two-alarm fire at the Forest Glen Senior Apartments at 14401 Woodmere Court and found residents gathered on their balconies, waiting for help as heavy smoke bellowed from the second floor of the four-story building. 

Two residents were rescued from the unit where the fire started. Those victims  were taken to a local hospital and treated for non-life threatening injuries. 

In all, five people from three different units were displaced from their homes because of water damage from the sprinkler system. Firefighters said the sprinkler system helped to control the blaze and keep it isolated to its place of origin. 

It was later determined the fire was accidental and started inside a closet in the unit where firefighters rescued the two victims.

Losses are estimated at $10,000.  





Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »