.

Fire in Centreville Causes $150,000 in Damages

This fire was the second one reported in Centreville on Saturday night, Fairfax County fire officials said.

A townhouse sustained $150,000 in damages after a fire broke out on Saturday. (Patch file.)
A townhouse sustained $150,000 in damages after a fire broke out on Saturday. (Patch file.)

Three adults and three children are without a home after a fire broke out in their townhouse on Saturday in Centreville, Fairfax County fire reports show. 

A Fairfax County helicopter crew spotted the blaze and reported it to ground units at 7:50 p.m. just minutes after firefighters responded to a two-alarm blaze at an assisted-living facility nearby. 

Sixty firefighters responded to the home at 14361 Cedar Key Landing where they managed to bring the fire under control in about 20 minutes and contain it primarily to the second floor and roof. An adjacent home did sustain minor fire damage, according to Fairfax County firefighter reports. 

No injuries were reported and no one was home when the fire broke out. The Red Cross is assisting the occupants. Fire investigators later determined an electrical power strip in an upstairs bedroom caused the fire and subsequent $150,000 in damages. 



Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something