As snow continued to pour in Northern Virginia on Tuesday afternoon, parents and students began wondering whether the storm would impact class schedules Wednesday, Jan. 22.
Here's what we know so far:
- Fairfax County Public Schools are closed on Wednesday, Jan. 22. Employees can come in at noon or take leave.
- Fairfax County Government offices are open, but employees can take unscheduled leave.
- A decision about juvenile and domestic relations court as well as circuit and district courts in the county will be made later.
- Federal agencies are operating on a two-hour delay, but employees can take unscheduled leave or telework .
- The Virginia Railway Express (VRE) will operate on a normal schedule on Wednesdays.
The current forecast for Wednesday morning in Fairfax suggests very cold early morning temperatures . The temperature could be 5 degrees, but a wind chill will make it feel like -14 degrees.
Also, you can find alerts:
- Posted on Twitter.
- Posted on TV Channel 21 (Cox Communications, Reston Comcast, and Verizon cable customers only).
- Sent via e-mail to parents, employees, and KIT Plus subscribers of Delayed Openings and School Closings through theKeep in Touch e-mail notification system.
- Called in to area radio and television stations.
- Sent via text message to Keep in Touch Plus subscribers who have opted to receive Delayed Openings and School Closings.